Friday, November 19, 2010

A Fathers Heart

As many of you know I am expecting a beautiful baby girl in January with my true love Kashana.Like most parents do, I get this feeling of Uncertainty. I know it sounds a bit ridiculous because I have other children.
I think with each child comes a new challenge. Looking back at what you could have done different, what you could do better,
or even the dreaded how will I manage to give attention to all the kids equally.
I have pondered these thoughts for a number of months now, and its easy to tell you the answers to these questions now.
I look at each child in my life and I see the influences I have on them and the glow on their faces, and I know I will be just fine.
to each child they bring something different to the table.

Tyra- My oldest. The little girl coming of age. Her sensitive heart, her furious ways, and her creative mind.
In many ways she holds many characteristics of me. She really cares about others. Always staying after school to help with
special education kids just like I did. Always more concerned with who likes her rather than who doesn’t like her just like I was.
Gets angry and sassy when some one wrongs the people she loves just like her daddy. Her creative mind designs clothe. She has big dreams
being a Fashion designer ( and she is pretty damn good at it). I may not have wanted to be a fashion designer but I did want to be a song writer
I hope just like me she conquers her dreams.

Alexis- My little fire cracker. The wild girl of the bunch. Learning to play guitar just like her daddy. She dreams of being a nurse and a rock star.
I hope she does both. She shares my love of KISS and can answer almost as many trivia questions about KISS as me. She also has a tender side much like me.
A soft spot that shows she cares. She can’t stand to see anyone frown. She will pull a good joke or get angry if you don’t have a smile on your face.
Even though she wont always say “I love you” she smiles and you know she means it. She also continues to prove to me that even though my ears don’t work the
way they used to, they are a nice to hang on to until she goes to sleep on my lap.

Bethany - Now I know Bethany is not mine biologically. She calls me Mr. Goody Goody as a pet name. I don’t mind it much at all. It is her small little way of putting me on a level
equal or just under her dad. I call her JO JO. Not after the Dr. Suess Character, but after the clown from an old disney cartoon called “Jo Jo’s circus”. Bethany has this nack for clumsiness.
She will often trip over something as simple as the floor…LOL. She has this genuine heart that reminds you how to look at the world through the eyes of a child. Her creative spirit and the love she shares
with the world is so innocent and pure it can make you laugh when all you want to do is cry. She knows how to make you feel good about yourself and sometimes I think she understands the way the world works better
than us adults ( or at least the way the world should work. She has made me so proud as I have sat next to her bed at night, when she has had a nightmare and explained the whole monster under the bed story and all that,
and every night she over comes a fear. Leave it to Mr. Goody Goody.

Chapin - Oh what do we say about Chapin. He is the monster around the house. Always interested in his cars, always like a Tazamanian devil through the house. believe me when I say he can destroy a room in 0.1 seconds….LOL. All that aside
he even has his soft side. Always wanting kiss’s or hugs. Pouncing on your tummy when you lay on the floor to play cars or wrestle with him. Turn over on your belly and he wants to ride you like a horse. These things I absolutely love sharing with him.
It is so fasinating to watch him grow and become his own person. He will see me start up the lawn mower, and from then on mimic the move with his big truck. He will see me play guitar and grab his toy guitar or or a pick and mimic me. He seen me working on the car last week
now he tries to work on his toy truck. he is so much fun even when he is so much work. At his age life is a big game and everyone is invited to play. If your not playing he will tear you a new ass. I am serious, You don’t mess with the Chapin.

The moral to all this is I love each one of these kids. When I look back and wonder how I am going to be with the new baby. I just look at each one of these kids and I can see the impact that not only I have had on their lives, but the impact they have had on mine. Nothing can take that away from me
or them. If there was any doubt in my mind about becoming a father again. I can honestly tell you. Just look at any of those children and watch them. Do you see the love? Do you feel the magic. Now look at my face.
Do you see this glow? Do you know what it’s called? Ill give you hint: It is what this family will continue to be built on. That’s right Love. I know I will be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment